Sunday, October 12, 2014
News Briefs: BFG Sold Out, International TV Deals
* Team 3D were inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame the day before Bound For Glory. Tommy Dreamer gave a speech and presented Bully Ray and Devon with a pair of Rolex watches.
* It was announced that Matt Hardy will be competing at the Wrestle-1 event on November 1st at the Ryogoku Sumo Hall. This will be Keiji Mutoh's 30th Anniversary show.
* The October 8th episode of Impact Wrestling averaged 1.102 million viewers (up from last week). The show was headlined by Full Metal Mayhem for the TNA Tag Team Championship.
* Dixie Carter tweeted: "Happy to announce @BritishBootCamp audition episodes are so good they've been expanded to 1 hr!" The 8-part series premieres Oct. 19th at 9pm on Challenge TV.
* TNA has signed new TV deals in Malaysia and Singapore. Dixie Carter stated: "Asia is set to be a key growth market for our company over the next 12 months and, working with our partners across the continent, we hope to announce even more good news soon." Press release here.
* One Night Only: Knockouts Knockdown premieres Friday, November 7th on pay-per-view. Outside talents include Veda Scott, Scarlett Bordeaux, Havok, Reby Sky, Karlee Perez, Mia Yim, Deonna Purrazzo and Marti Belle.
* Bobby Lashley has his sights set on becoming a dual champion with TNA and Bellator. He recently told The Independent: "I want to hold both of the titles. I think I’m fighting again in a month, and it’s attainable that if I win my next two matches I should be in line for a Bellator Heavyweight title shot." Read the interview here.
* The October 1st episode of Impact Wrestling averaged 1.097 million viewers (up from last week). The show was headlined by Gail Kim vs. Havok for the Knockouts Championship.
Posted By JSO