It’s certainly been an interesting week. I was writing an article about how the hate towards TNA had been on the decline since Slammiversary. Well... thank you, TMZ, for putting a knife in that idea. As we have all have seen, the internet is abuzz with the various reports of IMPACT being "cancelled" by Spike TV. But before I get to those rumors, I should probably state the purpose of this article. This week will be a two-for-one job: I will give my assessment on the current situation and the rumors flying around, then I will take the idea of Spike not renewing IMPACT and see if I can find my way through the dark times to see where we go from there.
* John Gaburick announced on Twitter that TNA has come to terms on a new multi-year contract with DJ Z. DJ Z is a former X Division Champion.
* Here is the updated list for the British Boot Camp auditions: Dave Mastiff, Joel Redman, Tiger Ali, Noam Dar, Rampage Brown, El Ligero, Sha Samuels, Martin Stone, Mark Andrews, RJ Singh and the Owens Twins. Watch Samoa Joe's promo at Progress Wrestling here.
* TNA has announced a free post-show meet and greet for ticket holders at the IMPACT tapings next week in New York City. They are also teasing other surprises to be announced soon.
* Low Ki has been officially added to the roster page on TNA's website. According to reports, he will be working as both a wrestler and an agent for the X Division.
* Sanada and the Wolves will be working four dates for Wrestle-1 at the end of August. The final show on 8/31 at Korakuen Hall features Sanada and Taiyo Kea vs. Akira and Keiji Mutoh in the main event, plus the Wolves vs. Team 246 (potentially for the TNA Tag Team Titles).
Bellator MMA fighter Tito Ortiz claims he is returning to TNA Wrestling, either in August or September.
During an interview with Cageside Seats at Wednesday's Bellator media day in New York City, Ortiz said: "I'm actually returning August or September. I'll be coming back to TNA and doing some stuff. It's in the works with Dixie (Carter). She reached out to me and I'm a big wrestling fan. I've been a wrestling fan since Junkyard Dog! We have some ideas."
Despite the reports that TNA is still negotiating a new deal with Spike TV, Ortiz added that he is not concerned about the company's future.
"I think Spike TV needs pro wrestling on there," he said. "I know they have a big fan base. Maybe it's all just negotiations, back-and-forth with money. It's a business and I understand that, so we'll see what happens."
TNA Wrestling is happy to announce the signing of a true American hero! Chris Melendez is a former Army Sergeant, who served his country in Afghanistan and was awarded a Purple Heart. Because of injuries suffered in combat, the brave soldier returned home a single leg amputee. Melendez, a member of the Wounded Warrior Project, had another dream to realize when he returned home. He dreamed of becoming a pro wrestler.
It appears Vince Russo is gone from TNA. He was serving as a consultant for the announce team recently. Russo tweeted earlier today:
"Officially DONE w/TNA. Today they "suggested" a break, I declined. Finality was better for me.Details coming"
Reaction: According to PWInsider, John Gaburick informed Russo that his services were no longer required. Furthermore, it was said that Russo's involvement in the company wasn't received well by Spike TV.
The clock on the wall reads 6:30 a.m. and already she has been in the gym for a an hour. So far she has sweated more than most people will in a two-hour workout. Moving through the gym equipment, she spends just the right amount of time on the things she needs to do – she works on her cardio to improve her endurance, she does some yoga stretches to improve her flexibility, and she makes sure to work all of her muscle groups for strength. When she is finished in the gym, she will go home, prepare a protein shake, and watch some footage of her future opponents. This has become somewhat of a morning ritual for Brooke, early steps on a journey that she hopes will one day take her back to what she wants most: the TNA Knockouts Championship.